Sprint 22 Shopify Beta 27th May 2020
The focus of this sprint has been to get the Shopify integration ready, although we have made a few other enhancements
The Shopify integration is nearly ready, were just going through the verification process to have our app as verified as public listed app then we will take it out of beta. For now it is still possible to try it out on development stores.
Tag Autocomplete Suggestions
All of your existing tags from your WordPress site will be available as autocomplete suggestions. Similarly to how the categories work.
Enhancement of Adding sites
We have improved the robustness of adding sites.
- Plugin link now takes you directly to the Word Pigeon Options page on WordPress.
- New cache busting mechanism to prevent issues progressing through the add WordPress site workflow such as failing to detect the plugin was installed and failing to get the correct public key or status due to WordPress sending an old “cached” version of the page
- Retry requesting with HTTPS or HTTP if the wrong protocol was entered or used
- Switching between ?rest_route=/ and /wp-json/ to see if one of them fails
- More detailed reporting of what’s going wrong if we completely fail to add a site.
Better Information if Exporting fails
If a small issue occurs with the export we now try to carry on. For instance WordPress usually doesn’t let you upload JFIF images, so these can sometimes cause an issue if used in the document or as the featured image. If there’s an issue like this we now continue to export the document and report of any minor issues.
Better Links when exporting to WordPress as a draft
When exporting to WordPress as a draft, you used to get a link that took you to your sites 404 page if you weren’t logged in. We have changed the behaviour so now you get a link which will take you to the edit post page of that export and ask you to login if you aren’t already.
Select Publish Date
The ability to select a publish date, if none is given the default will be the current date and time. We have got this to work with updates also so if you’re updating a previously exported document you won’t overwrite the published date.